Locate UAV Flying zone in your City
Top features of the Drone Airspace Maps
- The drone airspace map is an interactive mapof India that demarcates the yellow and red zones across the country.
- Green zone is the airspace upto 400 feet that has not been designated as a red or yellow zone; and upto 200 feet above the area located between 8-12 km from the perimeter of an operational airport.
- In green zones, no permission whatsoever is required for operating drones with an all-up weight upto500 kg.
- Yellow zone is the airspace above 400 feet in a designated green zone; above 200 feet in the area located between 8-12 km from the perimeter of an operational airport and above ground in the area located between 5-8 km from the perimeter of an operational airport.
- Drone operations in yellow zone require permission from the concerned air traffic control authority – AAI, IAF, Navy, HAL etc. as the case may be.
- Yellow zone has been reduced from 45 km earlier to 12 km from the airport perimeter.
- Red zone is the ‘no-drone zone’ within which drones can be operated only after a permission from the Central Government.
- The airspace map may be modified by authorized entities from time to time.
- Anyone planning to operate a drone should mandatorily check the latest airspace map for any changes in zone boundaries.
- The drone airspace map is freely available on the digital sky platform to all without any login requirements.
Source : PIB - https://www.pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1757850